Monday, August 27, 2007

Raccoon Mountain 10K


What a beautiful day for a race! This past Saturday, we headed to Chattanooga with my sister and her husband to run the Raccoon Mtn "Round the Rim" 10K. Actually, Kevin and I ran the 10K while Erik and Amber ran the 5K. We left Knoxville at 4:45am to get there in time to register and everything. Yeah, so, by the time the race started I had already been awake for about 4 hours! My coffee buzz was wearing off and I had become lethargic from the drive down. Even so, it was the most fun! Only 180 runners, really laid back and informal. Just the way I like it :) We ran around the "rim" of this huge reservoir, it was really pretty. There was a nice cool breeze at the start, believe it or not. This was surprising to me b/c it's been about 100 degrees here every day.


Here's a view of the reservoir.


Ah, and now we have the post-race shots. We're awake! That little banner in the background was the finish line


I don't think Erik and Kevin planned to be twins. And, Amber and I didn't plan on looking like weirdos (below). It just happened.


These were the worst race shirts EVER! Tank tops? Come ON!


We spent a lovely afternoon in DT Chattanooga, in the historic art district. These pics were taken in a very interesting sculpture garden.

Divers. It made me want to go swimming.

2 comments:

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

You go girl! The house in that one pic looks kinda like the Lemmity Snicket House (I know I didn't spell that right). What a beautiful place to run. : ) Mo

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Good for you guys! I bet that was a lot of fun!