Thursday, August 09, 2007

Gramma Myrtle

Yesterday morning, my precious Grandmother died, peacefully, after a long 2 weeks in the hospital fighting a bad infection in her lungs. There's so much that I could say about what this special woman meant to me. She was an artist in the truest sense. Her talent for painting and drawing was passed on to my Mom and my sister...regretfully, however, it skipped me! I always appreciated the way she saw the world. Beauty to behold around every corner, especially in nature. Capturing God's creation on a canvas was her passion.
Her love and dedication to our creator is what spoke to me most. After she had to go into a nursing home about 3 years ago, I was really worried about her spirit...we didn't want her to be lonely! Being the amazing woman she was, she never complained, but met each day with a new joy and positive energy. I hope I am every bit as joyful and loving as she was when I reach that age. I'm so thankful for my gramma Myrtle and what a beautiful soul she was.

These pictures were taken back in November at her nursing home in Clinton, TN.

It's been a really hard couple of weeks. Sadness, exhaustion, and joy that she will be escaping her frail little body, and continuing on to a beautiful life in heaven. Her funeral is tomorrow night. I am excited to honor the life of such a wonderful woman.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
-Sonya

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey if you guys need anything just let me and Regena know. You have been there for me and our rough times and I want to say thanks just for stopping by that helps more than anything.

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are praying for yall. Blessings on your family.

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Sonya-Thinking of you.- Mo

Jessicca said...

Grandmas are truly special. Glad you were so close to yours. I hope the funeral went well. I'm thinking about you.
Jessicca

Jernigan Family said...

I found your blog through Jessicca's blog and I am sad to see the update to be one of loss. You all are in my thoughts.

Jennifer said...

Sonya your love and respect for your grandmother is truly evident! Keeping you in prayer, Jen

Anonymous said...

Sonya! We had no idea. I (Amy) know what it is like to see a special grandma go after battling it out in the hospital. Thank goodness she is now with Jesus! What a sweet memoir you wrote in your blog, it is evident that she meant a lot to you. We love you and will be thinking about you. Amy & Aaron

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Sonya, I had no idea. I am so sorry for you and AMber's loss. I wish I had known. I am happy she is in heaven. I am excited about going there too!