Thursday, August 23, 2007

Local Runs


I love finding new places to run. Lately, I've been feeling like I've pretty much exhausted my options in Knoxville for new trails. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon this beautiful road called Melton Lake Drive. It has a running trail (Greenway) that runs along the bank of the Lake for about 3.5 miles. So, you can get a good 7 miler in by running out and back. It's absolutely beautiful! I ran it this morning, pretty early, so some of the thick fog was still hanging around, just on top of the water. Everything was completely still. Even though it's been ridiculously hot here, this morning there was a nice cool breeze coming off of the water.


The cool thing about this Lake is that it's actually a part of the Clinch River, which is one of the best rowing venues in the United States. A "rowing mecca", if you will. The Greenway runs right along the starting point for many of the rowing competitions, and you even get run right under the judges tower. Erik still hasn't run with me here, I need to get him out there! We've been training for a race in Chattanooga which is this weekend.

1 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Hey, that's my trail!!
Just look out if you see a black bike bearing down on your butt!
Also did you know there is another trail that t's off of this one and goes back into the woods off of emory road? You can add another 6 miles round trip. Bring your bike next time and we can ride!
David H