Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Runner's Blues

I'm training to run the 1/2 Marathon here in Knoxville on March 30th. Problem is, I have hit a wall. After weeks and weeks of training, I have suddenly lost my drive to run. I totally skipped my 10 mile long run this past weekend. Not sure what it is, but I'm extremely miffed.

Is it the cold weather (snow today!)? Maybe I'm just exhausted? I feel like my new shoes are too big, maybe that's it (ha!). My fellow runners, I have never trained for a 1/2 Marathon, so I was wondering if this is normal? Any advice on how to overcome this apathetic attitude and get back on track?

Things are only going to get more difficult as far as training goes. Erik and I are leaving for EUROPE next Friday, and will be gone for 2 weeks. Somehow, I've got to keep running. London, Paris, Edinburgh, here I come! Hopefully, I'll be wearing my running shoes...

4 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

That stinks! You'll have time to train when you get back. Enjoy your trip. Once you get back, you'll be ready to hit the pavement!

The Scharff's said...

You can do this! I am running a half this weekend in Chattanooga. Really miss you guys a lot.

Anonymous said...

okay if you figure this out you will have to let me know how to refind your motivation. i have been training for a marathon at the end of april. after my 19 mile run two weeks ago, i don't want to run anymore. i am so bummed. i bought a new pair of shoes hoping that would help but it didn't get me very far. anyways, i hope you guys have an amazing trip. we miss you guys and are in my knoxville thoughts often. amber turner

Anonymous said...

I am going thru the same thing. I have been training for a half marathon for months and my last 3 runs long and short have been a struggle. I am having pain all over my body and I just can't seem to stay focused. I was hoping this is normal but its so frustrating bc I just don't want to do it. But I love to run. Has anyone been thru this and if so how did you do it?