Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nanny for a Weekend


This past weekend, I drove over to North Carolina to spend a few days with the Tuckers. Will was out of town (Winterfest) so Ali and I helped Shawna take care of Gaines and his 2-week old sister Ana. Shawna is Super-Mom, but I think she was glad to have a little help while her hub was gone.


Major props to the Mothers of the world. Over the last few years, I've watched SO many of my friends turn in to the most amazing parents. It's hard work, to be sure. I'm thankful to be so close to Will and Shawna, so I don't miss out on this stage of their lives. It's the best.


We played with Gaines' imaginary friend, David. We ALL sported batman tattoos and chased guineas in the yard, pretending to shoot them with dart guns. My personal favorite was learning how to shoot a bow and arrow from a 3 year old! That's right, Gaines taught me step by step, with very specific instructions exactly how it was done. Genius!

Is that a Camo blanket?!

4 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Glad you had such a fun weekend. We missed you at small group!

Mindy said...

AWESOME!!! Your such a great friend!! I miss you guys!!

April said...

Crazy! Is that Will Tucker? I went to elementary school with him...just did not keep in touch after that. Not sure if that was him in the pic. And Allison Justus! I have kept in touch every now and then with Ali. Does she have a blog? That would be the easiest way for me to keep in touch. Sure looks like you had a wonderful time visiting with friends.

The Scharff's said...

Three awesome girls!