Tuesday, August 01, 2006

There Aint No Doubt...

Whenever I hear "God Bless The USA", I can't seem to get that one line out of my head...


'Cause there aint no doubt I love this land...


What kind of picture does it paint when such horrible grammer is placed into a song about this great nation in which we live? Anyways...I say all of that, because we visited Stone Mountain, which is just outside of Atlanta, GA. I was down there for SQL Server 2005 training (yuck) and we had some friends (non-rednecks) that thought it might be "fun" to see the laser show that they put on.


All of a sudden, I was transported back to 1988 and had on my splatter-paint Airwalks and mesh tank-top. What's funny is that I actually fit in with most of the people that were there. Heheh! The laser show was actually pretty cool. If you're ever down that way, you've got to check it out and pay close attention to the devil in Charlie Daniel's "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"...ROSIN!!



Stone Mountain is actually the world's largest relief sculpture and was truly an amazing piece of work. The mountain that it was carved into resembled a certain famous Aussie rock, formed of igneous rock. Above is a picture of the mountain in all it's glory. Below is a picture of me and Sony with Josh and Kaitlyn Tenery.


1 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

that whole concept is silly and totally ridiculous. let's carve some guys riding horses into the side of a giant rock, and then we'll put huge lights all over it, build a park around it, and make lasers shoot all over the place set to bad music.

when i went to stone mountain, all i could think was "i bet this used to be a really neat place back in the day". we love to ruin natural beauty for our own enjoyment here in this country...

sorry for the rant. good post.

ain't no doubt!!!