Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Local Holiday Shopping

As Christmas is approaching, Erik and I have been talking about what to buy for all of our family, and most importantly, WHERE? We were thinking it would be really great to support the local economy here in Knoxville by shopping in locally owned boutiques, shops, and restaurants. Then I found this ad in the Metro Pulse, asking Knoxvillians to pledge to spend $100 of their Christmas shopping at local retailers. It's a great initiative with a lofty goal of helping to keep $12 million in our local economy. I just signed up with my pledge...now it's time to go shopping! (Well, first I have to take a few final exams, write a paper, perform a comprehensive video-taped physical assessment, do the write-up, etc...) So, hopefully I'll get to it next week! :)

0 comments: