Monday, November 03, 2008

Be a tourist in your own town

Saturday, we decided to explore downtown Knoxville by bicycle. We love downtown, but we rarely do "touristy" things. There is this thing called the Sunsphere. It's leftover from when Knoxville hosted the World's Fair in 1982. Too awesome. There's an observation deck, so we went up for a look-see. It was a beautiful fall day, and we needed a break from our ridiculous week, so Erik slapped some new tires on his bike, and we were off. We had never been to the UT gardens (off of Neyland Dr.), it was great. Here's a photo log of our day...

University of Tennessee gardens.

View from a swing in the gardens.


ha ha, I caught the yawn!




Walking towards the Sunsphere.


Observation Deck

Local printing press, Yee Haw Industries shows support for Obama.


I love to pick up the weekly Metro Pulse.


Biking on the campus of UT. Lots of HILLS. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, the trees exploded with color this weekend. We thought it was going to be a brown fall. Not so!


Our church is actually in Oak Ridge, but I love the sign! We have loved being a part of this church since January. It's a warm place filled with people who love Jesus and who are constantly seeking out ways to serve others. It's great.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I love that you guys take time to enjoy each other and to enjoy God's creation. Biking around town sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday! Glad you had fun!

Travis said...

You guys should publish full RSS feeds of your blog instead of partial :) Just a small gripe

Erik said...

trav-
what does that even mean? I'll ask erik! we'll do it! :)

Erik said...

@travis your wish is granted. Sorry...I never knew it wasn't on "full". Thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of your reflection in the ball. So cool. Sounds like you had a fun day!

Travis said...

Woohoo! Thanks guys. Now I can keep up with you guys in my Google Reader. I'm addicted to that thing :)

Anonymous said...

Yall are so cool. I wish Texas looked like that in the fall!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

You two always have so much fun together. What a blessing!