Thursday, September 07, 2006

Labor Day Fun


We spent a lovely weekend with Erik's parents this Labor Day. It got off to a great start of under-cooked canellini beans and then progressed into mal-formed no-bake cookies! Basically, everything I cooked went wrong in some way, so we ended the weekend by eating out at the Mellow Mushroom (pizza place). Finally, some good food! :) It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds, we did have a huge pot of Rice Krispy treats that we ate fresh out of the pan. Oooey goooey goodness!


Much of the rest of our time was spent KNITTING! (The men looked at cars, napped, and took the Patriot's to the Superbowl via ESPN NFL 2K5) Linda taught me to knit, and now I am obsessed with it. It's so much fun. I even finished my first project. "Knit, purl, knit, purl..."


Here we are, hard at work. It takes major concentration so that you don't drop a stitch!


I told Erik I was going to knit him a tie and he was like, "Heck no you're not!" Oh well, maybe a sweater, or some undies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice knittin~... You make one groovy hat!

Anonymous said...

Sweet hat Sonya! I love checking your blog...sorry I missed the last comment one :) I miss yall so much!

Did you hear about the Crock Hunter? Im so sad for his wife and kids.

Our Family said...

Love your hat, Sonya! Glad you guys had time with family. Shelby and I got to spend some time with family, too. By the way, that's a good picture of the two of you.

Suzanne said...

you are too cute, you crazy woman! knitted undies?...died laughing. glad you had a wonderful labor day weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

you two are just the cutest. :)
i'm soooo glad to hear you're knitting, sonya! i got me some knitting up my sleeve, too. let's knit at sweetwaters next time you are in michigan. yay!
kelly kamm