Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Getting Past The Exterior


As a devoted Microsoft Windows apostle, I used to preach it's superiority over that of the Mac, it's arch-nemesis. I had devoted my life to learning Windows on the PC and had mastered many intricacies and so-called "features". Me and Dell were like this (crosses fingers with teeth biting lower lip).

It was only this past Monday where I was forced to wage war against my enemy. In an epic battle that would determine the course of my future, I was hypnotized by the sleek and sexy lines of my opponent. But that was no match for me! I grabbed my mouse of a sword and started my attack. I cursed the MacBook Pro after unanswered questions like "why can't you be more like a PC?", "Where the heck did you put that file?!" and "where's the Start button?!!".

And then, all of a sudden, something happened. I was able to look beyond my years of training and see the beauty and creativity in my foe. Sitting there, weak in it's presence, I caressed the Bluetooth, white-on-acrylic keyboard and stroked these keys..."⌘N". I was instantly presented with a gift. A window, which would allow me to navigate through my files and applications. In an instant, I was a changed man. I made an oath, which forged my newly found friendship as I pledged my loyalty to the Mac.

Some of you may shudder at the thought, but let me remind you of another who wasn't partial to only one crowd. He crossed over many barriers to befriend those who were "different". Jesus is His name and, like Him, I am being all-inclusive. May we all be like Jesus, in that we don't discredit or belittle anyone, as we have not walked in their shoes. We are all pretty much the same...made of similar parts, can store data and process things, and even function the same as a whole. We are also entirely useless until we are touched by our creator and brought to life/powered on by His hand. May you look past the external differences of the people you meet and treat them as Jesus would treat you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a MAC and I love it! I run my photo biz on it and it's awesome!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

i love lamp.

Anonymous said...

I am being all-inclusive

You will embrace Linux. Linux will become your right hand man. You will find yourself more powerful than ever with the meager looking command line. (Echoing evil laugh)

OK, so I'm a Linux nut. But, I bought a Macbook a while ago and it's just neater than Windows. It makes for a nifty laptop, and a suitable development environment with the Unix command line tools readily available.

My main machine is still Gentoo, though.

Anonymous said...

The devil was once very beautiful, much like the white light from your Macbook. I'm sure this isn't a problem with those of you that trust that our government works "under God" but don't be deceived! When the government starts cracking down on you and watching your every move (if they aren't already), Macs will be one of the first on the bandwagon to enforce this monitoring and invasion of your privacy. Look at iTunes before you think that this won't ever happen.