Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Fit is Go!

It's official. We said good-bye to the Love Boat after over 10 years of having it as our main ride.
Here, you can see the Love Boat fading in to the background as the Fit is ready to come home with us.

As a keepsake, we kept the middle row captains chairs from the van and we're going to make a "love seat" out of them. I'm thinking they'll look great in the living room.


Here's a pic of me giving the van one last hug before we traded it in. You will be missed you big Boat of Love...


6 comments:

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Ahhhh! So many good memories. Thanks for all the trips back and forth from Searcy to Little Rock. Hope you like your fit.

Suzanne said...

i think a tear just fell from my face, into my coffee cup. (sniff, sniff)...but that fit looks just like y'all! love it! and hilarious that you kept the seats from the L.B. freaking awesome.

Katie said...

Oh man, every time I see a van like the Love Boat I get warm fuzzy memories of good times with you guys. I will miss it - I know you will too! (By the way, thanks - Sonya - for talking me into getting a dorky minivan and then trading yours in for a hip, coolmobile. ha! No, actually, I love my soccer mom van. But seriously - is it possible that I'm still in my 20s and driving a minivan! How did you guys make the Love Boat seem so cool???)

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Hope you are enjoying your new car!! I am sure you.

Amy Etheridge said...

I love the photos! Hope you are liking the fit!

David said...

AHHHHH! I can't believe the van is gone. RIP.