Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools Day Prank

This afternoon, we had probably one of the best April Fool's Day pranks played on us EVER! Read this email thread first, then I'll explain what happened. (images will expand when clicked)

So, here's how it all went down. Sean creates a Gmail account of luchauer.sonya, which is flipped from what her actual account is. From that account, he sends the first message (disguised as Sonya) to himself about us being pregnant. He then replies to Sonya with what he says in the first email above and also CC's about 50 people (some we know, some we don't) to the email. ALL of these people get an email from Sean with what looks like a legitimate email from Sonya saying that we're pregnant.

After some time passes, and after my heart jumps back into my chest from thinking that Sonya told these friends of ours that we're pregnant before even telling ME, Sean follows up with the second email above saying that he was mistaken and that we're having twins.

Well, now I'm thinking "okay, okay...you got us good, Sean", but he follows up with a third email saying we're having triplets, but then goes on to smooth everything over, explaining that it was all an April Fool's joke. Phew! Sonya and I didn't know what was going on and I'm sure the people that were all copied on Sean's emails REALLY were wondering. I'm just glad he didn't have our parent's email addresses in his contact list!!

I talked to another friend who received one of these emails and he said that people were going to think one of three things after reading them:
  1. Sonya and I are pregnant with 1 child
  2. Sonya and I are pregnant with twins
  3. Sean is a jerk
Hahah! Just know that NONE of the above things are true. This was, by far, the best prank that has ever been played on us. Props to you Sean for being so sly, but like Sonya said, you're still are a turd. I love you, man! Thanks for thinking we were "worthy" enough for this prank. LOL!

1 comments:

Allen Klosowski said...

I'd be thinking, Sean needs a bodyguard now.