Thursday, August 07, 2008

Back to School


Some of you may know that I've decided to become a full time graduate student. I'll be working towards my degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner, and I'm super excited! I just got my acceptance letter in the mail the other day, so I've been busy registering for classes, which start August 25th. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! It's an on-line program, which I have mixed feelings about, but for the most part I think it will be great. The program is through East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, about an hour and 1/2 from us. I will be doing all of my clinical hours here in Knoxville, with different local clinics. Hey, if anyone has any wisdom to throw out about on-line education, bring it on!

I just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers as I've begun this process. Now, keep it coming, as life is about to get a lot more hectic!

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOW...congrats on making the move to go back to school!! I don't really have much advice to give about online schooling except that my sister just finished getting her master's degree in education @ University of Phoenix online and she loved it!! Good luck with everything!! We love y'all and miss y'all!!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were going back to school. that's crazy!! Congrats on being accepted. Hope the online classes go well. Miss you guys!

Tonia said...

Charlie is doing his MBA on line and takes most of his tests in the nude...well not really I just wanted to give you a funny mental note. Good luck! I'm super happy for you. What a great opportunity!