Monday, June 02, 2008

Support Local Stuff


Knoxville has a great little Farmer's Market downtown in Market Square, every Wednesday and Saturday, late April thru November. Last weekend we spent hours milling around, meeting up with old friends and partaking of some of the amazing cuisine. Our friend Ashley has a booth (below) where she sells her homemade hand pies. SO good...


It's really important to me to support local businesses, and the Farmer's Market is a great way to do that, with local produce, plants, herbs, and art to choose from. This was Memorial Day weekend and the weather was perfect! Below, it's Erik with Ashley's daughter Elena.


We love downtown Knoxville.

6 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

Agreed!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Looks like it was fun. I want to go one day for sure.

Betsy said...

Sigh, I miss Knoxville, especially now that it's getting "cool" (:
Hey, can you ask your friends up above me there if I could read their blog?
Oh, and Holly started a blog, it's linked on mine under Maddox.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting to know Knoxville well. Had the Realtor taking us all over town the last few days. I look forward to taking the time out to see the sites around the city.

inpursuitofTheWord said...

awesome!

Betsy said...

Hey! I don't guess I have you actual email...I guess this works just as well! My email is
betsyandchad@mail.com
I would love to hear more about her experience! Thanks!