Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Skiing on the grass!


So, usually when we ski in Maggie Valley there is considerably less GRASS. This past Saturday, Erik and I went skiing (well, of course Erik snowboarded) with my friend Regina. It was totally spur of the moment on Friday night, we were like "we're going at 6:30 tomorrow morning!" That's how we roll...

It was just funny to me to see all of that grass under the lifts. The runs were nice though, a little icy at first, but it turned out to be a great day for the first ski of the season! Maggie Valley, N.C. is only about an hour and 1/2 from us. That's Regina in the white pants!

Beautiful views from the lifts!

4 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Cool! I did not know ya'll did that. Sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love east coast skiing. Where else can you ski with grass under the lifts? At first I thought you guys were in Gatlinburg when I saw the pictures on Facebook. Was that real snow or was it all man made? Looks like you guys had a good time. I still haven't gotten my first ski in yet so I'm jealous.

Mike Baur said...

global warming? anyone?

Erik said...

I believe every bit of that snow was fake! They had new blowers this year.