Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Free Derek Webb

WARNING...Read This First before you continue.

Alright...so, in case you haven't heard, Derek Webb (singer for Caedmon's Call) has a new CD out.  And guess what...it's FREE!  Oh yeah...you heard me.  Well...it's not totally free.  You see, you have to provide 5 of your friend's Email addresses in order to download it.  Thanks for the heads-up, Curtis!  Click on the album artwork below to visit his site and download the album.


I'm not a big fan of MySpace, but Sara Groves keeps a blog on there that we get updates on.  She had a post a little while back about Derek Web and this album, which is where I first heard of it.  Check out her blog here.  Also, read this to learn why Derek is giving away this album.

Once you download it and give it a serious listening to, let me know what your favorite song is.  I don't want to sway your pick, but my favorite is Rich Young Ruler, which I believe is track #5.

6 comments:

2coopers said...

whats up?
What do you mean who is Don Williams...uhh..he is an old country singer that is really cool and really good...you would like him..

i hope all is well with you guys...I will be sure to tell Mindy about your blog and all...hope to hear from you soon..

michael

Anonymous said...

Well, since you brought it up, here's a post I wrote about freederekwebb.com:

derek webb viral marketing out of my comfort zone: a technical look

A lot of folks (myself included) didn't like Derek's definition of "free". Follow the "much hullabaloo" links in my first for more on that.

Nathan said...

I also had a post about this 'free' album. I really respect what he is trying to do and I like the album's message. But when I posted a copy of the album on my site I got asked to take it down. I think Mr. Web needs to re-read the creative commons license. I think my favorite song is 'New Law'.

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

my favorite track is the album artwork. that's a sweet looking bird. and it was a free bird, and i also love lynyrd skynyrd. free means you didn't pay money. nobody pays money for webb's album. therefore it's free. i'm friends with just enough computer programmers to understand where this guy who wrote the article is coming from, but it doesn't make it look any less ridiculous to the general population...

oh, and my email addy is brettemerson91@yahoo.com, just in case derek webb's evil marketing scheme hasn't circulated into every spammers' list on earth...

peace,

brett
ss#356-09-8799
mother's maiden name: jaquavious
most used password for financially sensitive websites: freederekwebb

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

so...anything new with the looches???

Kevin and Amber Antoine said...

Hello! We just created a BLOG...you've taken me over to the darkside..I think I'll like it!